Plan Your Visit
Charles W. Eisemann Center for Performing Arts
2351 Performance Dr, Richardson, TX 75082
Patron event parking is available at the Bank of America and Galatyn Commons garages adjacent to the Eisemann Center on Performance Drive. Follow the signs located at key intersections to parking. Self-parking is $5.00.
What should I wear?
- There is no official dress code. Most people wear business casual or dressy casual.
How long do concerts last?
- Concerts will last approximately 60-70 minutes with no intermission
What does the concertmaster do?
- The concertmaster is the first chair of the first violins. She plays a leadership role with the violins and the orchestra as a whole. She is the last orchestra musician to enter the stage before a concert and leads the orchestra in its tuning prior to the concert.
Why does the orchestra tune to the Oboe?
- The powerful sound of the oboe stands out from other instruments, so it’s easy for all the musicians to hear. It also has a steadier pitch than string instruments. The orchestra tunes to the note of “A.”
Why does the conductor leave after each piece of music in a classical concert?
- The conductor goes off stage and takes a moment to breathe and prepare for the next piece.
When do I clap?
- The cue to clap is when the conductor turns around at the end of a piece.
How can I learn more about the music being played?
- Check our our podcast “Portraits in Music,” which features Maestro Couturiaux as he shares his insights into our upcoming concerts and interviews our principal musicians and guest artists
The safety of our audience, musicians, and staff is most important, so we will follow social distancing protocols below:
- Masks are required indoors at the Eisemann Center and during the entire performance.
- There will be a maximum number of 360 patrons allowed in the music hall.
- There will be four empty seats between each party in the music hall.
- The refreshments bar will be closed until further notice.
- There will be no intermission until further notice.
- Hand Sanitizing stations will be readily available